Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Did you say leg locks?!?!?!?

This week in our academy has been leg lock week! Remember when I said in a previous posts that I am still learning, well this is something that I am DEFINITELY still learning on. Ever since I started training BJJ, I've known that leg locks were there and to be cautious of them. Sure I've learned some set ups for straight ankle locks, toe holds, etc... and also how to defend them properly, but today's BJJ foot locks has become all the rage! Its so crazy right now that there is even an Instagram profile based solely on foot lock set ups and finishes. There are so many different set ups and variations that I personally don't know where to start and sometimes what to look for. This is a serious problem for me. Being a former basketball player for most of my life, I have suffered broken feet, fractured ankles, and terrible sprains. You name it and it has probably happened to me. So I've always had an issue when someone has come even remotely close to touching my feet. To say the least these next couple of weeks should be very interesting for me. I am nervously excited to learn more about them, and more than likely I will be tapping regularly hahaha! Share some of your thoughts on leg attacks and some of your favorite techniques you use. If you didn't know there is a comment section below, please use it!

Here is a video with only 105 Leg lock variations! 105 WTF!!!




On another note, today was probably the most comfortable I have felt on the mat in long time, except for that one roll with Professor Marcelo today, lol he likes to play with my emotions and toys with me! It has been no secret that I have struggled this year, coming back from injury and getting back to where I know I should be with timing, cardio, etc... Today was just a step in the right direction. Things seemed to flow better then they had in a long time, my timing felt good, I wasn't forcing anything just taking what was given to me and capitalizing on others mistakes. I am very hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment