Sunday, December 18, 2016

From the Mind of Babalu...Haters, Naysayers, Shit talkers

The main reason I started this blog was first and foremost to have some accountability for myself to keep me on track on my diet, on my workouts, and training. I had gotten away from this for a while, and during that time I let things slip. Secondly, I used this blog as a positive way to spread the word of BJJ, its teachings, and how its helped me in all facets of life. I will be the first to admit that I've made some mistakes in my life, but I have learned from them and have become a better person because of it. If I was wrong I can admit and be the bigger person and apologize. This wasn't always the case for me, but Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I can honestly say has humbled me and has helped me in becoming a better person. It has contributed to all my successes on and off the mat.

Your average person, who lives an unhealthy lifestyle, doesn't do anything to better themselves physically or mentally, or has never tested themselves will never understand just how difficult it is to become a BJJ Black Belt. They will never understand the sense of pride, accomplishment, or what it means to be called a Professor. To put it into perspective a bit, some can go to college get a four year degree, go to medical school and become a doctor in less time than it will take most people to earn a black belt in BJJ. That is a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that your average Joe Schmo would more than likely not have the balls to go through. I've seen it, working in the academy and seeing students come and go. Over half the people that start are more than likely to quit before receiving a blue belt, which could take a little less than a year in most cases.


I have always been a person who marched to the beat of my own drum and have always considered myself a leader and not a follower. I will continue to do what is right for me and continue spreading the word of BJJ. I will continue using this blog to help myself and to help others to achieve whatever goals they may have. I will continue to surround myself with positive and like minded people who want to better themselves through this great art and those who have an open mind. In a nutshell, I will continue to do me, block out any haters, naysayers, and shit talkers, I don't need negativity in my life. If you don't support or respect what I do for myself and for other people that is fine, but don't expect support or respect in return. Don't ever let anyone who has never walked in your shoes, who probably would not survive 1 minute on the mat, disrespect what you have achieved or what your trying to achieve not only BJJ, but in all aspects of life. You will always have haters, shit talkers, and naysayers who will make fun of your passions, but they can't and won't do it themselves. If you are trying to better yourself in a healthy manner keep doing what you're doing.

To all my real friends, team mates, training partners, family, and followers, I thank you all for your support! I hope you all have a very Happy Holidays! I hope 2017 brings you success on and off the mat. Keep training!

No comments:

Post a Comment