Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why am I doing... The Babalu Experience

Man, I have a crazy life!  I have 2 jobs full time and part time.  I have a beautiful family at home and at Gracie Barra Texas, and I try to fit time in my week for everything.  I train about 4-5 times a week whether it be BJJ, strength and conditioning, and this past week I just got back to alittle kickboxing.  I compete as much as I can but sometimes my plate is just too full.  I try and help my good friends with training for fights etc... so I see alot of different things.  Whether it be at the gym training, working at the academy, or at local MMA shows that I attend regularly you would be surprised at some of the stuff I run across.  During my journey I'm always looking to learn things to add to my game and always run across things that make me laugh.  I hope with this blog I can share some of these things with you that will make your journey through Combat sports as enjoyable as mine.

A little side note for those that don't know me.  I didn't pick the name Babalu, it was given to me...I really had no say in the matter.  I already know of Renato "Babalu" Sobral, and one of the first days training with Draculino he says " man! you look just like Babalu... you move like him, you talk like him, that's your name now, Babalu."  So who am I to say NO to that.  I would say at least 95% of the people at the gym I train at don't even know my real name, which is fine I guess.  So that is the story behind the name of the blog.  I will let you be the judge here is a pic of me getting my purple belt last year and a pic of the real Babalu.

Babalu



No comments:

Post a Comment