Thursday, June 16, 2011

Training Blog- 06/15 Day 11 ESP-XC

Ok so last night was the dreadful legs night!  I have always despised doing leg workouts but like I said in previous posts that I know they are necessary and I make myself do them.  A positive I took from last nights workout was I am starting to notice improvements.  The Frog sits I'm holding for almost 2 mins without a break, well actually most of the ISO exercises I'm able to hold without a break or very close to the full 2 mins.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still feeling the burn during those times, but I'm able to push through now.  I am definitely getting stronger in my legs and its showing.  My numbers in the 1 min of Sumo squats have gone up as well so to me that is another indication that this muscle endurance phase is working for me.  For the next leg workouts I will attempt to add a little weight and see what that does for me.  One of the best part of this workout was, during the workout my 2 year old daughter came out and was like "Daddy what are you doing?"  I told her daddy is working out sweetie... she replied with "Can I watch you?"  I said "sure baby"  So she began watching me this was right about the time I was in the middle of doing the ISO Good Mornings, during the Over Head squats she became more intrigued and grabbed another broom and started doing them with me.  As the workout went on, she tried a few of the exercises like the Deck squat which was hilarious!  She was fascinated with the kick portion but for some reason she kept going back to the OH Squat!  She even did the entire finale with me which was 100 squats, counting by 20's (because that is as high as she can go at this time) about midway through she grabbed her broom and went back to doing the OH squats hahaha.  This brought a smile to my face, when the workout was complete she said "daddy common lets work out!"  When I explained that the workout was over she got the good ole' pouty lip and said "lets do it again!"  I told her that tomorrow we will do another workout and was proud that my little girl is getting started at an early age.  Ahhhh the joys of parenthood!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment