Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book Review... The Cauliflower Chronicles

The Cauliflower Chronicles by Marshal Carper, is a book that was given to me over the weekend by a buddy of mine that trains at the academy with me.  He thought I may be interested in it so I gave it a go.  The book is a fairly easy read, the first few chapters I got somewhat confused buy his jumping from a BJJ tournament, to Hawaii, to the United States, but after all the time traveling finished I rather enjoyed it.  Without giving too much of the story away, Marshal is a college student who was a white belt in BJJ.  Did an exchange student program and studied for a semester at the University of Hawaii- Hilo.  Who famous, from the MMA and BJJ world is also from Hilo?  You guessed it, BJ Penn.  So while studying in Hilo his plan was to train as much as he could at the BJ Penn Academy and try to earn his blue belt.  Throughout this book you will learn quite a bit about some of the cultures of Hawaii, and the author writes everything he sees with great detail so its like you are there with him.  I feel like he really did a great job of capturing the beauty and toughness of the city of Hilo all while trying to fulfill his dreams of training with BJ Penn.  If you get a chance check this book out.  If you like BJJ and also learning a thing or two about history and cultures  than this may be the book for you.


I NOW NEED A NEW BOOK TO READ!!!!  RECOMMEND ME ONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment