Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Training Blog- 05/17

Good night of training last night!  We went over a basic double leg when your opponent still has grips on your lapel.  We then reviewed the North-South choke starting from the side control position.  Great basic technique that Professor Draculino breaks down step by step with the smallest of details.  I love how he does this it makes even the hardest of techniques easier to comprehend.  After this we did some situational training from the side control position that we usually do when we are working from a position.  Since it was a big class last night we rolled two 7 min rounds.  I had 2 good hard rolls last night.  I did a good job of recovering guard and half guard from being on the bottom of side control.  I was really happy with that dealing with another high level purple belt.  I also felt good working from my guard was able to pull a couple of sweeps in one of the rounds.  I wasn't too pleased with losing position while attempting submissions which I did on a few occasions.  I will continue to work to get better on that aspect.  I still need to get better at controlling from top side control as well as some guard passing but that will come with some extra work.

My daily eating this week has been better and I'm feeling really good.  I'm excited about the opportunity to do a product review for the guys over at www.esp-xc.com Once I get moved in the next few weeks and get settled in I will start that process.

No comments:

Post a Comment