Monday, November 21, 2016

Sensible Portions Weight Loss Meals Update Week 1

Well its been 7 days since I first started this journey! Let me be totally honest with you, we all know trying to diet and lose weight just sucks. Now I'm of the opinion that I am responsible for having to diet in the first place, I take the blame and let me tell you that is the first step. Take ownership of it and once you come to grips with the fact that you do indeed need to lose weight it will become easier. You and you alone are responsible for what goes into your body, so when you do decide to lose weight do it for yourself. Not for anyone else, no not your momma, not your wife, not your kids, but for yourself!

Now I have gotten that out of the way, I want you to know that dieting is never easy, especially if you are going at it alone. That is the first thing that is great about this company, Sensible Portions Weight Loss Meals, they do it all for you! All you have to do is warm the food up and BOOM you are ready to go. No prep, no clean up, no serving, nothing its that simple! Now the first week, be prepared to be hungry, which is a given. I am hungry right now!!! That's why I'm typing this blog, to take my mind off of it and stay busy! Being hungry is to be expected though, you are eating smaller meals and less calories and that is a recipe of success to losing weight. If all you do is just eat these meals and don't do any exercise you are still assured to lose weight. If you are exercising your success rate will be increase quite a bit without question. Second thing that makes this company great, is the variety of food they offer. The menu changes every week, so you can't get bored with same food over and over again! This is something else that makes the process so easy. I'm always looking forward to my next meal! Not only because I'm hungry, but also because of the different options.

So I ate these meals, trained BJJ 3 or 4 times last week and did other workouts twice. In seven days I lost 7 lbs. I am happy with the first weeks result, but it probably could have been a bit more. Thursday, we had a Thanksgiving potluck lunch at work. I just love this time of year, so of course I participated. I ate, but didn't go absolutely crazy. Over the weekend I tried to make smart decisions and for the most part I did. Saturday I indulged in a delicious dinner of Gumbo and boudain balls from BBs Cafe, which wasn't smart but hey I'm human! If you've never eaten there before and you're not dieting I highly recommend it! I also had some adult beverages this weekend. If I hadn't done all this, I probably would have been closer to 9-10 lbs, but I made the choices and have to live with it. Of course the weight loss on the scale is great, the numbers going down is always a great thing! The inches coming off is another HUGE plus for me! I put on a pair of shorts today that I haven't worn in a while! I kid you not, I actually tried on these same shorts on 2-3 weeks ago and could not even button them up and today they fit comfortably!

If you have any questions please let me know. Again these meals are just $80 a week for 15 meals, which is super cheap! You can also check the link below and see the owner of the company explain the process. I look forward to continue down this path and hope you follow along and possibly join me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I just ordered my food and it will come next week just in time for my birthday!! LOL I think it is a beautiful birthday gift. But I will start on Monday so I am going monday thru friday. I lost 60 lbs a few years ago doing the HCG diet and I never thought I would gain it back. I gained 50 back so now I need to get rid of this and keep it off. I want this time to meet my goal. I think with this I will be able to. Mainly because I will be eating real food!! Not starving myself. I am so excited and so determined. I know it will be hard, but I will do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThinLizzy!!! Sorry for not responding sooner! I hope you are enjoying your food. It taste great and is real food. Stick with it and you will start noticing some changes. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete