Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Great minds think alike!

I ran across something today posted on social media and thought to myself hey I said something very similar to that. The quote below comes from a very bad man, Professor Rafael Lovato Jr. If you have been living under a rock for a few years now and don't know who he is an extremely successful high level BJJ competitor as well as an undefeated professional MMA fighter. He is the 3rd American born man to win the Brazilian National Championship at the Black belt level. He is a certified beast on the mat and in the cage. Here is his quote.

It's funny how all of my teachers & coaches preach the same thing - BASICS are the key to long term success. This is coming from Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Wrestling, to Muay Thai & even Strength & Conditioning. Master the fundamentals, put your energy into making everything simpler & more efficient & you will have a system that can last forever & continue to get even better. You wanna know the sweep I've used the most in my life? The Scissor Sweep! You wanna know my strongest submission? The Cross Choke from Mount! Food for thought...

When I saw this, my first thought was "hey I've used the scissor the most in my life" and then "the Cross Choke is also one of my strongest submissions as well!" Did we just become best friends?!?!?! I kid, I kid, but seriously this is so true and something that I preached a few posts ago. Remember I said "Basics, Basics, basics", so I guess the title of this post is 100% accurate, great minds do think alike!

If you don't believe when I tell you that Professor Rafael Lovato Jr. is one bad dude, check out some of his highlights below!

No comments:

Post a Comment